Director of Marketing, Miami, FL, USA
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Position Reports To: Vice President Marketing
Position Location/Territory: Miami, FL, USA
Position Objectives: In a highly fragmented and competitive category, a critical mission of the Marketing Director for the Santa Margherita Brand to build both the short-term success and long-term power of the brand. This position will work in conjunction with the VP Marketing to lead brand marketing efforts. They will be responsible for all elements of the marketing mix including: strategic planning, product development, packaging, advertising, media management, promotion, content strategy, business performance reviews, budget management, research events and public relations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- STRATEGY: Lead and develop the strategic marketing plan to achieve annual sales, marketing, and financial goals, supporting long term vision and mission.
- NPD: Develop and oversee new product innovation, development, packaging, communications and other brand-building activities with the global team in Italy.
- OPERATIONS: Interface with internal team, winery operations and winemaking to coordinate brand strategy and product issues
- ADVERTISING & CONTENT: Lead the development and implementation of the communications st trategy, creative, content, planning and distribution for all media. In addition, liaise with the field on all local media planning and creative development.
- PROMOTIONS: Develop and oversee the planning of on and off-premise promotions, pos, special offers, giveaways, sweepstakes, contests, trade incentives, education, sampling activations across a variety of channels and segments, including national accounts.
- BUDGETING: Development, oversight and responsibility for the brand/s budget/s, tracking, analysis and reporting for both internal and global accounting purposes.
- ANALYSIS: Market and competitive analysis to identify opportunities and gaps by brand and by market on an ongoing basis, as well as understand and pre-empt consumer trends both in and out of the wine industry to develop timely and actionable plans for the brand.
- RESEARCH: Research and develop consumer insights and other information required to effectively direct marketing plans.
- EVENTS: Lead an integrated and relevant experiential and events-based strategy for consumer-facing and trade-facing initiatives.
- PR: Lead the development of relevant PR activities that will support the amplification of brand activity such as communication strategy, brand collaborations, key messaging, editor engagements, interviews, PR releases, mailings and influencer strategy.
- LEADERSHIP AND TEAM BUILDING: Lead and development of internal team to help plan and execute the marketing plan in collaboration with sales and marketing.
- SALES INTEGRATION: Partner with sales management to ensure appropriate levels of strategic and tactical support are provided to meet sales goals as well as establish a strong, cooperative, trusting relationship with the field, allowing for seamless activation and execution.
- AGENCY MANAGEMENT: Management of external agencies.
- IN MARKET: Survey and participate in key market visits, wholesaler meetings, retailer assessments, market audits and sales calls.
Additional Skills and/or Educational Background:
- Minimum 8+ years brand management experience with proven results in consumer brand marketing.
- Experience in developing image-driven lifestyle and luxury marketing, preferably within wine or spirits.
- Four-year college degree required; MBA preferred.
- Ability to clearly articulate portfolio strategy and proven skills in strategic development and management, including brand positioning and portfolio architecture.
- Proven ability to understand and influence the multiple activities connecting functional and emotional consumer and trade needs.
- Experience building brands with a range of larger and smaller budgets highly desirable.
- Experience developing new segments and driving growth through innovation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present, influence and sell ideas.
- Proven track record of agency management, creative development and liaising with global marketing and production teams.
- Strong understanding of P&L management understanding of a mix of consumer and trade-focused activity and marketing mix.
- Syndicated database experience (IRI or Nielsen) and custom qualitative/quantitative research experience is essential.
- Understanding of the three-tier system and/or experience with other highly-regulated industries is a plus.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- An entrepreneurial team player and leader who can quickly establish themselves as a trusted member of the team and be relied upon to get things done.
- Professional maturity, self-awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Strong, practical business sense and judgment.
- Ability to listen to others and be influenced by others is as critical as the ability to influence and lead.
- Sense of urgency and goal-oriented mindset with exceptional organizational skills and priority-setting abilities.
- Ability to navigate global and local matrixed functions, maneuvering a delicate balance between influence, leadership, collaboration and drive for results.
- Passion for lifestyle, consumer and trade marketing.
- Must relish and be skilled at strategic thinking: can turn ideas into actions.
- Strong desire for achievement and accomplishment is critical. Furthermore, identifies and is committed to, the achievement of the company’s overall mission. Must want to win
- Must be available to attend events and travel as needed, up to 30% of the time, including occasional weekends
- Must already have US worker status
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.