Public Relations & Event Manager, Miami, Fl.
Job Title: Public Relations & Event Manager
Position Reports To: Vice President Marketing
Position Location/Territory: Miami, Fl.
Position Objectives: A valued member of SMUSA marketing team, the Public Relations & Event Manager is charged with initiating and executing a comprehensive range of brand communications and events designed to bring the SMUSA portfolio of brands to life with the consumer and trade. This role focuses on both trade and consumer public relations (with positive established relationships within the U.S. wine industry and lifestyle media), social media, and events.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Press Relations: Development of media opportunities by strategy for SMUSA brands with U.S. media. Generate & respond in coordination with brand teams to press inquiries in an appropriate fashion, reflecting the position of ownership and management based on brand visions and priorities. Developed press contacts and the maintenance of an active, up-to-date press list are integral.
- Social Media: Be the portfolio expert on social media initiatives and insights to further lend voice to select brands and SMUSA. Collaborate with SMUSA brand team to establish, execute and measure social media.
- Communications: Development, outreach & execution of on-going press releases and pitch letters to key media against specific initiatives.
- Newsletters/Blogs: Develop and execute brand-specific newsletters and/or electronic communications for SMUSA portfolio as appropriate, ensuring that messaging and timing is tightly integrated with marketing initiatives and programs.
- Product Sample Programs: Establish a schedule and target press list for a constant flow of product sample programs for the media, designed to highlight new vintages, releases and key initiatives.
- Brand Representation at Trade and Consumer Events: Lead, liaise, execute, and act as the SMUSA or brand representative at consumer and trade events. Ideation, theming, style and attention to detail, look and feel is key. Prioritize and categorize the critical judging events to which portfolio brands should be submitted, make recommendations with brand managers on same, and coordinate submission.
- Web sites: Create and/or edit copy for select websites operated by SMUSA, including brand-specific sites. Working closely with brand team, ensure that updated materials are available on SMUSA.com and manage and host agency.
- Marketing Materials: Collaborate with brand team to develop product description sheets, tech cards, shelf talkers, tasting cards, for all brands.
- Winemaker Tours: Assist in scheduling U.S. press tours for winery representatives, with the goal of increasing visibility for brands. This includes travel with those representatives, including evenings and weekends, if needed. This can and will at times demand superb coordination with field sales personnel.
- Team Support: Share expertise and consult with management and peers. Participate in idea sessions and assist brand marketing with brand development and building through PR initiatives.
- External resources: Coordinate and manage outside agencies as required.
- PR Budgets: Develop, plan, and manage PR & Event budgets.
Additional Skills and/or Educational Background:
- Four-year college degree in communications, journalism, marketing or hospitality
- MBA Preferred
- Minimum of three years of communications work experience, and/or wine industry experience
- Prior PR agency experience is an asset, as is familiarity with international community and cultures
- Media contacts in wine, travel, leisure, luxury goods
- Excellent communication skills, discretion, diplomacy, and superb personal skills are required
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Office essential
- First-rate organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task, along with attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines and perform job responsibilities without daily supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications required
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand and effectively communicate the views and positions of the proprietors and corporate or brand vision as required.
- Self-motivated, with an enthusiastic passion for the food and wine industry and all forms of media
- Team spirit a must
- Ability to adopt a creative approach to problem-solving and to apply learned knowledge to new situations
Critical Competencies for Success:
- An entrepreneurial team player who can quickly establish themselves as a trusted member of the team and be relied upon to get things done.
- Natural and passionate conversationalist and extroverted in nature with an insatiable appetite for media, culture and societal trends.
- Professional maturity, self-awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Strong, practical business sense and judgment.
- Sense of urgency, attention to details and goal-oriented mindset with exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be available to attend events and travel as needed, up to 30% of the time, including occasional weekends
- Must already have US worker status
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.