V.P. of Marketing, Miami, FL
Job Title: V.P. of Marketing
Position Reports To: CEO
Position Location/Territory: Miami, FL
Position Objectives: Vice President of Marketing reports to the CEO and is a member of the company’s executive team. The Vice President will be responsible for providing executive leadership and management of Santa Margherita USA's marketing department. The V.P. of Marketing will drive Santa Margherita USA's efforts to position itself as a visionary leader and work in collaboration with the V.P. of Sales. The intention is to develop and direct the implementation of marketing strategies to achieve increase market share and revenue goals.
The V.P. of Marketing for Santa Margherita USA is expected to lead the overall strategy and direction for advertising, events, public relations, content, digital and social media following the brand strategies. This person is expected to possess a track record for building brands, enhancing products, leading professionals and identifying opportunities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Direct and develop all aspects of marketing.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness.
- Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary.
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events.
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly.
- Set current and long-term goals for internal team, leading by example in managing the team, mentoring & inspiring them to deliver the best work.
- Design and review the Marketing department’s budget and participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives.
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs, track competitor's activities and prepare reports and presentations for the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Constantly measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and advertising and take on-going corrective actions as needed to reach stretch objectives.
- Integrate sales needs and requirements in marketing plans and objectives to achieve forecasted sales growth resulting in increased visibility and improved financial results.
- Pioneer and implement measurable strategies that will drive hard revenue goals and increase brand awareness at national and global levels.
- Develop marketing strategies, evaluate market conditions and recommend policy changes to encourage maximum sales activity.
- Work with Executive Leadership team to establish quarterly and annual marketing plans, and report results by individual channel monthly to enable decision making processes going forward.
- Work with other executive team members to identify and develop strategic alliances to grow major customer accounts.
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and events.
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
- Work closely with V.P. of Sales to develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programs.
- Oversee the hiring and development of the marketing team, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size.
- Serve as a role model for the company culture.
Additional Skills and/or Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and previous proven experience in a similar position in the same industry.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Substantial experience working with business and industry press.
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing and business strategy.
- Previous experience in wine industry is strongly preferred.
- Impactful interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgement.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of individuals.
- Able to comfortably and effectively operate at tactical and strategic levels; comfortable working both in the details and presenting to the Board of Directors.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- 10 years of marketing experience in comparable industries with 4 years in a senior management position.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that
have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through
- Experience in an executive role of a company with broad leadership accountability required,
maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, collaboration, transparency, mutual support
and cooperation with the entire organization.
- Agile learning mindset, comfortable with adapting to new concepts, new marketing trends, new
methodologies or new customer interaction channels; keen to implement innovative marketing tools and technologies.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.