District Manager, Chicago, IL
Job Title: District Manager
Position Reports To: Sales Director Midwest
Position Location/Territory: Chicago, IL
Position Objectives: A District Manager is the field representative of the organization. Most activities are centered on account development, distributor sales engagement, and the promotion of the portfolio in the market place.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage sales in a specific territory.
- Devote majority of time to sales activities working independently and with distributor representatives.
- Educate customers and distributor personnel on the portfolio.
- Plan out calendar to ensure goals are reached.
- Develop strong relationships with key accounts on and off premise.
- Conduct wine education presentations to the distributor sales force.
- Participate in store tastings and wait staff seminars where legal.
- Participate in supplier market visits.
- Provide recaps of key initiatives and plans to direct report.
- Review account activity for future planning.
Additional Skills and/or Educational Background:
- At least 2 years of sales experience with a diverse portfolio.
- At least 2 years of sales experience.
- Prior retail and/or restaurant experience is preferred.
- Good general knowledge of wine.
- Passion for wine.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.